Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Odds and Ends

So I haven't really done much though I did make it out to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. I wasn't able to go on Saturday as originally planned but still I'm just happy I could go. I had fun and was behaved spending wise. I picked up a needle felting kit but ended up not liking the kit, so I decided to read a little about needle felting and just have fun with it. So while not the most beautiful I'm pretty proud of these balls and this little doll. I don't feel like she's quite finished as I think I can get her smoother but I'm still happy with her and want to try making some more after this. I also want to make some more of the beads but I think I'm going to try wet felting those as I kept poking my finger with the needle and that just was not pleasant.

The other nice thing I picked up at the festival was this wonderful spinning wheel! No I didn't buy it but I wish I could have, instead I'm renting it while I figure out if spinning is something I want to invest in. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a class nearby until the 19th of October at The Knitting Bee. I'm hoping by then I'll have figured spinning out but if not I'll definitely sign up for the class.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

There are classes at Northwest Wools. I think that's the name, it's in Multnomah Village if you want to go that far. The gal who teaches the classes is really nice and she knows her stuff!! The class is usually four weeks long and at the time I took it, was about $50.

Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Figured you might need some blog fodder, so you've been tagged! See my blog for details. Hope all is well. We miss seeing you!