Thursday, September 6, 2007

Mmmmm Yarn

So last weekend I decided to check out Farmhouse Knits, which was a little yarn shop in Beaverton that I hadn't even realized was there. I had heard a rumor that she had some Socks that Rocks so of course I had to go. Of course this violated my no buy but I figured just this one time and besides Tom was encouraging me. I love that he's willing to come along with me to yarn shops as well as other crafty type stores. He doesn't always want to go and that is perfectly understandable but quite a few times he offers to tag along and check things out. The lady at the shop and I were working on trying to get him to try out knitting and while he declined he did mention some curiousity and I know a co-worker of his knits so I just may be able to get him to try it out sometime.

He actually picked out some sock yarn for some socks for himself, I've been offering to make him a pair but I know none of my current sock yarn appeals to him. He actually went with some yarn I haven't tried before but I had been curious about - Colinette Jitterbug. I'm a little wary of the low yardage which is only 292yds. He does not like tall socks and prefers them pretty short which helps. I haven't figured out a pattern yet but I figure I have some time before I'll be done with the skirt.


I also picked up some Seduction by Blue Moon Fiber Arts, I love how this yarn feels! Its 50% tencel and 50% merino... not sure what I'll make out of this either... I'm actually thinking I might make a cowl rather than socks with this but then Pomatomus is calling my name as well. If I had gotten more it would have been tempting to try and make Clapotis out of this.

No comments: